Because of the need to nature and develop the Professional and Practice of Quantity Surveying In
Botswana, the Quantity Surveyors of this country have joined together to establish the Institute of
Botswana Quantity Surveyors (IBQS). IBQS was established in 1996.
The objectives of IBQS are as follows:
- To promote the advancement of and to facilitate the acquisition of knowledge in the profession
of quantity Surveying.
- To promote the general interests of the profession and encourage Batswana to enter the profession
- To regulate the profession in the public interest
- To seek to obtain, and subsequently to maintain, registration of both the title and practice of Quantity Surveyors in Botswana
- To seek to obtain the establishment of standard professional; fee scales for both professional services performed by Quantity Surveyors and related disbursements, together with periodic reviews to protect the public interest
- To maintain good relations with other professional bodies in Botswana and with similar professional bodies in other countries.